Lawrence S. Pertillar
'...I feel like I've been robbed! '
We've both made choices.
Not once did I question
Those you made.
I never compared your way of life...
Or whether you lived it right or wrong.
Or to how many charities you gave,
Discovered you felt uncomfortable,
That I had felt at ease.
Knowing I had no exorbitant mortgage.
Or neighbors to keep up with to please.
Or that my basic life involved having no car to drive.
I enjoy all types of people.
But I am not one to wine and dine,
Or constantly socialize.
I had admired that about you.
You loved what you did and I did too!
You seem critical of the life I've made.
The only thing that has changed...
Is my age.
I've never been into 'things'
That could come and go away.
Or try to hold onto pretensions...
To show even though they fade.
What you valued is gone and did not stay.
And why that angers you...
Is between you and your 'beliefs'.
Don't try to hold that against me.
Wasn't it you who once said...
I was delusional and feared reality instead?
I am living in my 'reality'!
What have you found so upsetting about yours?
Was it those things that made it more realistic?
Giving you more of a sense of self worth?
But why is it you feel that way now?
When I still have less 'things' than you!
'I don't have a car or a home anymore.
And last week I was laid off my job!
My 401k is worthless.
And I feel like I've been robbed! '
That's too bad.
And all this time,
I've been feeling blessed.
And that's real odd!
Because I don't,
Have a penny in my pocket!
And there you are...
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('...I feel like I've been robbed! ' by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
- 울산 ANMA (ANMA) ☏０１０♭４８６７♭７５８２●울산 MASSAJE, masajejjaanngg lee
- I've Decided, Orlando Belo
- 울산(울산) ANMA℡０１０↘２１７８↘９５０５↘울산 MASSAJE, masajejjaanngg lee
- 울산 MASSAJE⊙０１０◈４８３１◈３２１１⊙울산 ANMA, masajejjaanngg lee
- 울산 ANMA¿０１０¿５９３３¿０４３７¿울산 ANMA, masajejjaanngg lee
- 울산 ANMA MASSAJE 010 ５９４６ ０３７７울산(울산) ANMA, masajejjaanngg lee
- 울산(울산) ANMA》０１０ ４８６７ ７５８２《울산(울산) ANMA, masajejjaanngg lee
- 산본 ANMA (ANMA) ☏０１０♭４８６７♭７５８２●산본 MASSAJE, masajejjaanngg lee
- 산본(산본) ANMA℡０１０↘２１７８↘９５０５↘산본 MASSAJE, masajejjaanngg lee
- 산본 MASSAJE⊙０１０◈４８３１◈３２１１⊙산본 ANMA, masajejjaanngg lee
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Farewell Love and All Thy Laws Forever, Sir Thomas Wyatt
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)