I Drown In Words
I drown in words
Because I cannot swim
In very long poems.
I'm lost in a maze
When the meanings
Hide in vagaries.
I can't see in dark
Of narratives with no end.
But like a cat
Too dumb to run away
I think with Poetry
I will stay.
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Drown In Words by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Naveed Khalid
(1 January 1903 - 13 March 1976)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Sir Walter Scott
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Exposure, Wilfred Owen
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore