From age sixteen to twenty, I had a 32-inch waist
Not an ounce of fat, not even a trace.
What happened to my youthful body?
When I had all muscle and no flab
Now all this weight I have to drag.
It is hell when you lose that youthful bod
Where people s heads turn and they nod.
Now my gut hangs over my belt
This is the worst I have ever felt.
They say when you get older your muscles tend to relax
Looks like I have to charge an overweight income tax!
They say in your fifties you are in your prime
“What happened to mine? “
When we get older, we are supposed to revert
Back to our childhood years, but apparently
Our bodies have some fears.
It birth it was our parents who used to change our diapers
Now our children are changing them!
GOD is truly a comedian!
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Humor by louis rams )
- Mixed Up, Ima Ryma
- Unseen water, Pintu Mahakul
- _Erato my Muse of love poetry, Erato
- AN EMOTIONAL STORY I COULDN'T TELL, Godspower Oshodin
- Shift and Drift, Aftab Alam
- Rivalry is humane to time, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- Certain attitudes to be followed by the .., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Sorry-Wrong Number, Aftab Alam
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Jesus Of Nazareth, Naveed Khalid