Humor #3 The Last Laugh
Something I should not say!
However, at 70 years old I am turning gray!
I never thought that it would happen this way
My friends at the age of forty was turning gray
Therefore, I thought it would happen that way.
Now I can see – that I am aging gracefully!
They have all gone through a divorce
And I am still holding my course.
Is it something that I have done?
That I am still the only one.
Was it something in the water?
That their lives are in total disorder.
Or is it that I have made the right choice
When I decided to lower my voice!
To not to scream and holler, and get hot under the collar!
If you want to have a good life, do not argue with your wife!
It is your life you will save, so she does not
Put you in an early grave
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Humor #3 The Last Laugh by louis rams )
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Case Of Murder, Vernon Scannell
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- When Spring Goes By, Duncan Campbell Scott
- (955) Poverty (Acros.., Melvina Germain
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)