Humor #3 The Last Laugh
Something I should not say!
However, at 70 years old I am turning gray!
I never thought that it would happen this way
My friends at the age of forty was turning gray
Therefore, I thought it would happen that way.
Now I can see – that I am aging gracefully!
They have all gone through a divorce
And I am still holding my course.
Is it something that I have done?
That I am still the only one.
Was it something in the water?
That their lives are in total disorder.
Or is it that I have made the right choice
When I decided to lower my voice!
To not to scream and holler, and get hot under the collar!
If you want to have a good life, do not argue with your wife!
It is your life you will save, so she does not
Put you in an early grave
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Humor #3 The Last Laugh by louis rams )
- Choosing a Christmas Card for 2011, Frank Avon
- GANDHI RE REMEMBERED...., M.D Dinesh Nair
- Twelve Birds of Christmas, Frank Avon
- Picasso: Pentads, Frank Avon
- Picasso, Frank Avon
- A Dream, Steve Kittell
- Waiting on my time, Gypsy Pain
- Mohabbat kaamil ho gayi, Ahatisham Alam
- Single Dad, louis rams
- A Victim of Love?, Mr. Nobody
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)