How was i to know
How was i to know that moving on would leave a pain in ur heart?
How was i to know that parting ways with you will make you cry all night?
How was i to know that leavin' you would be a big problem for you?
How was i to know that i was a part of you that never had to leave?
How was i to know that you and i never had to break up?
How was i to know that persuing my happiness would be creating a big pain for you?
How was i to know that you were the one that i never had to leave?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (How was i to know by Lesego Tsiu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Winter's Untrust, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Forbidding Mourning, Lilly Emery
- That Old, Sweet Poison, C.k. Pearse
- Curriculum Vitae, C.k. Pearse
- O The Knowledge, sallam yassin
- The Day Silver Walked Into My Life, Famoroti Odunayo Israel
- Time To Come Home, Wilfred Mellers
- I Am Always With You, Amitava Sur
- I Dream Of You, Lilly Emery
- In Springtime Under The Trees, Kyle Schlicher