Sorrow, heartache and pain,
why did we get seperated?
Darkness fills my heart as i sit and wonder why,
how could this be right and true,
why did God have to take you?
I dreamt of a bright future for us,
happiness we shared between ourselves,
moments that put a smile on my face,
but death had to take that all away.
I feel like my heart is about to break,
it has had alot to take,
wasn't there anyone to take?
Why did it have to be her?
I am not questining the will of God,
i am just crying out my pain.
In confusion of whats happening,
cold blood in the hands of man,
seperated her breath from her flash,
why did it have to be like that?
How could death come in such a way?
No one knows how and why,
but this things happen time over time,
the people closest to us are the ones who just die,
She was my loved one.
Its so hard to just come to terms with the fact that i lost her love,
not only her love but also her smile,
cuddling up and her warm hugs,
a kiss from her sweet lips,
death just came and took all this.
Lesego Tsiu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Death. by Lesego Tsiu )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Recipe To Live, Asma Riaz Khan
- Mind Over Matter (Scream), Joseph Archer
- Jesus among Us, michael hagwood
- Winterpoesie, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Love the Spine, V P Mahur
- Vergißmeinnicht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Loving Lips, V P Mahur
- Am Winterwehr, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Christmas Midnight - Christ - Mitternacht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Holy Night - Weihnacht, Johann Joseph Clahsen