Sorrow, heartache and pain,
why did we get seperated?
Darkness fills my heart as i sit and wonder why,
how could this be right and true,
why did God have to take you?
I dreamt of a bright future for us,
happiness we shared between ourselves,
moments that put a smile on my face,
but death had to take that all away.
I feel like my heart is about to break,
it has had alot to take,
wasn't there anyone to take?
Why did it have to be her?
I am not questining the will of God,
i am just crying out my pain.
In confusion of whats happening,
cold blood in the hands of man,
seperated her breath from her flash,
why did it have to be like that?
How could death come in such a way?
No one knows how and why,
but this things happen time over time,
the people closest to us are the ones who just die,
She was my loved one.
Its so hard to just come to terms with the fact that i lost her love,
not only her love but also her smile,
cuddling up and her warm hugs,
a kiss from her sweet lips,
death just came and took all this.
Lesego Tsiu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Death. by Lesego Tsiu )
- Se(lection), Tony Adah
- Octopus, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fill Yourself, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Moving Along Avenues, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Gift, Michael McParland
- Between Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Transcending Life On Earth, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Hare And His Wife, Tony Adah
- Pussy So Good, Joseph Rodriguez
- Novel Approaches, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)