Dear old me
You've been around for a long time, you've broke hearts during your life time, now its my time to make things right, my turn to try and write a new chapter of our life, a chapter that people would love, a chapter that people will think of and say 'He was the man.'
You've been around and have done good things but the bad things that you have done overshadows the good that you think you have done, now i have to mop up all the dirt that you have left behind, i hav to clean up after you.
You were someone that people never got to understand, you were living a double life and bestly on the down low thinking that you can keep your game a secret, but the light was turned on on you, your secrets were exposed, the cover was turned life got worse.
I sat on the back seat and watched you make people cry, i sat silently when you broke hearts and when you turned friends into enemies and when you stole things you didn't need, old me you messed up everything and poured sand over my dreams and suddenly i had no more visions.
I'm back to turn the wheel of fortune, to take back what you made me lose and to give back what you stole from others, i'm here to restore the dignity that you made me lose, correct all the wrongs that you have done.
Dear old me the new me has decided to take over the driver seat and you are getting off here, its time for me to make a u-turn, change the road that you've led me to. I know that there are many people who loves me not the old me but the new me, the me that makes people laugh and the me that never wants to see a frown on another person's face.
Dear old me the time has come for you to die, the time has come for you to step out of my car i'm driving now, go else where and try to ruin another person's life
Lesego Tsiu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dear old me by Lesego Tsiu )
- Butterflies, Deborah Kelley
- Blurred, Foster Teegarden
- Marble Steps, Morgan Michaels
- Fabulous rich, hasmukh amathalal
- Always, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- The condition again, hasmukh amathalal
- Oatmeal Omelet, Von Kimball Barney
- The condition, hasmukh amathalal
- Reason, Elia Michael
- Autumn Again But, Nassy Fesharaki
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)