Augustus Montague Toplady
How Vast the Benefits Divine
How vast the benefits divine which we in Christ possess!
We are redeemed from guilt and shame and called to holiness.
But not for works which we have done, or shall hereafter do,
Hath God decreed on sinful men salvation to bestow.
The glory, Lord, from first to last, is due to Thee alone;
Aught to ourselves we dare not take, or rob Thee of Thy crown.
Our glorious Surety undertook to satisfy for man,
And grace was given us in Him before the world began.
This is Thy will, that in Thy love we ever should abide;
That earth and hell should not prevail to turn Thy Word aside.
Not one of all the chosen race but shall to heav’n attain,
Partake on earth the purposed grace and then with Jesus reign.
Augustus Montague Toplady's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (How Vast the Benefits Divine by Augustus Montague Toplady )
- Feminine Beauty, chanchal gupta
- Alone again, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- [Challenge] Entrees for September (Disqu.., Brian Johnston
- Indulgences, Jayatissa Liyanage
- From The Balcony, Heather Burns
- Ang undubai, Shri R Brahma
- 10 January 2014, Shri R Brahma
- October is next to September تشرين الاول.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- October is next to September, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I feel bored, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns