Augustus Montague Toplady (4 November 1740–11 August 1778 / Surrey, England)
Holy Ghost! Dispel Our Sadness
Holy Ghost! dispel our sadness;
Pierce the clouds of nature's night.
Come, Thou source of joy and gladness,
Breathe Thy life, and spread Thy light.
Author of our new creation,
Bid us all Thine influence prove;
Make our souls Thy habitation;
Shed abroad the Saviour's love.
Poet Other Poems
- A Debtor to Mercy Alone
- Bowed With a Sense of Sin
- Deathless Principle! Arise
- Desiring to Be Given up to God
- Father of Love, to Thee I Bend
- Fountain of Never-Ceasing Grace
- God of Love
- Grace, 'Tis a Charming Sound
- He Dwelleth in You
- Holy Ghost! Dispel Our Sadness
- How Vast the Benefits Divine
- Hymn of Sovereign Grace
- If, on a Quiet Sea
- In Sickness
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.