Babatunde Idowu Ebenezer
Hope And Faith
Beautiful chicken cackling around,
Sunbathing with their caring mother,
Singing sonorously in hope of the future to come,
If the claws of the eagles could be outrun.
Blind eaglets listening intently,
Pecking for their swift mother,
Believing in faith of the dinner to come,
For the chicken liver is such a wonderful dish.
The chicken are hopeful with hope,
So they run and run and run to live.
The eaglets believe in faith,
So, they eat and eat and eat to live.
Hope and faith in life abound,
The Moses rod of small and great men.
The two ends of poverty and richness.
Words so close, yet so contradicting.
Hope is meant for people not living in grace,
In it abounds that doubtful word 'might'.
Faith is for people already living in grace,
In it lives that certain word 'must'.
Those who hope keep hoping till eternity,
Those with faith remove mountains with a command.
But then my grandfather used to tell me:
'Always believe and have faith in yourself and hope for a glorious future'.
Perhaps papa was right,
Perhaps papa was wrong,
But his grandson choose faith,
And leave hope be for the hopefuls.
Babatunde Idowu Ebenezer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hope And Faith by Babatunde Idowu Ebenezer )
- SOFT POCKET HERCULES, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- You cannot go, gajanan mishra
- Rebecca, Claudia Scott
- DREAM TIME, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- ABOUT NOTHING, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- Humpty Dumpty, michael hagwood
- ELEGY FOR THE LIVING, NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
- guardian angel, Miss. Tanease Berry
- Queen of Hearts, Tania Montgomery
- hick-eww, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Gray Room, Wallace Stevens
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(18 November 1939)