Babatunde Idowu Ebenezer
Hide Not Your Face My Son
Fear not the clouds that gather,
O'erhead like a mighty army.
Emulate the bravery of your father,
And cower not on a day so stormy.
Hide your face not my son,
Cover not your head in shame.
Tilt your shaven head towards the sun,
And glide on its path to fame.
They have come in broad daylight,
And stole your future away,
They have come in the night,
And loot your inheritance their way.
Rise up oh you african son and cry no more again,
Though heavens alone can quantify the threshold of your pain.
Babatunde Idowu Ebenezer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hide Not Your Face My Son by Babatunde Idowu Ebenezer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I am for 'Yes'...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- True Love, Kyle Schlicher
- tell the N in your disorder... never mind, Mandolyn ...
- Flowers in wars., Chakshu Arora
- Today The Sun Is Shining, Kyle Schlicher
- THE PRETTY WATER الماء الرائع, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dandelions In The Spring, Kyle Schlicher
- my chosen life, binod bastola
- Why I'm a Dodge Dart - Haiku, Nvisible 2Luv
- With A Rakhi To Tie The Small Behana Wai.., Bijay Kant Dubey