Babatunde Idowu Ebenezer
Hide Not Your Face My Son
Fear not the clouds that gather,
O'erhead like a mighty army.
Emulate the bravery of your father,
And cower not on a day so stormy.
Hide your face not my son,
Cover not your head in shame.
Tilt your shaven head towards the sun,
And glide on its path to fame.
They have come in broad daylight,
And stole your future away,
They have come in the night,
And loot your inheritance their way.
Rise up oh you african son and cry no more again,
Though heavens alone can quantify the threshold of your pain.
Babatunde Idowu Ebenezer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hide Not Your Face My Son by Babatunde Idowu Ebenezer )
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry
- A City Called Nirvana, Akujuobi Chijioke
- Dragon Kite Tanka, Chenou Liu
- Butterfly Kite Haiku, Chenou Liu
- Nightmares With No End, Lilly Emery
- The source of our pains and our sufferin.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The source of our pains and our pains an.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Comfort Of Our Dreams, David Harris