Honey drips from her lips anew,
What wonders in that glimmering Phrygian dew!
A trace of rosewater ‘round her neck,
Were it only mine to protect
From angelic woos.
Her eyes unceasing ever and more,
A glimpse into those windows of soundless azure,
Just beyond the shade of fevered dreams
She lies, my dripping crimson queen,
My lady of yore!
To be alive in those emerald eyes!
As if such a heart couldn’t shed its native guise
And stare invincible into light
Ere going wan into the night
Against plaintive cries.
Did ever Pythia divine
Truth in all of beauty as radiant as thine?
I’ll cry out happily to declare
To Olympus you are most fair
Of all womankind!
And I will be contented
When these bright days of Elysium have ended,
For I will have kissed you so sweetly
And loved you so completely
And never repented.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Honey by Dillon McKenna )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- EVIL'S INEVITABLE, FAST, AND FREE FALL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Doomed, Kyle Schlicher
- Memory Without Remorse, Kyle Schlicher
- Question Answered, Kyle Schlicher
- Spearmint Leaves, Saiom Shriver
- THIS LIFE IS UP-SIDE-DOWN هذه الحياة متك.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Islands of Flowers, Marilyn Lott
- Home-makers, Dr Deena Padayachee
- I APOLOGIZE FOR YOU, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- On your toe, shubham sutar