His Final Goodbye
He sat in his room looking up at the sky
Pictures of his past were zooming by.
He thought about how swiftly the year had gone by
Moreover, of the things he had done, and things he had tried.
Visions haunting him like an old picture show
In slow motion – showing each frame of his life.
Then a smile came on his face because he knew
That he was about to die.
With just enough time left for him
To write a note of good-bye.
I have lived a joyful life that is full
And all this because of you, but GOD has
Plans for me, and my soul must be set free.
Till we meet on the other side
This is just a temporary good-bye
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (His Final Goodbye by louis rams )
- Tum Muze Kaha Pyar Dete Ho, ravipal bharshankar
- When He's Not Here, Lora Colon
- Charlotte Old Times (The Cure), B.. Alexander
- Cardinal flower, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Down the Memory Lane, Valsa George
- I Miss You, Viola Hughes
- Little Grass, wasim Akram
- Silence of graveyard, ramesh rai
- Stand Small, Von Kimball Barney
- This Friendship Has Sunk, Francie Lynch