Nothing is so sad and sorrowful than death!
But even death is sometimes pleasant and better
while one is unable to help and offer to the poor
in need and distress!
A friend in need is a friend indeed,
But a person who helps the poor in need
is similar to God! Help others!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem is a translation of a Tamil poem from literature ThirukkuRaL.
சாதலின் இன்னாத தில்லை; இனிததூஉம்
ஈதல் இயையாக் கடை.230 ஈகை
Comments about this poem (Help others! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Kind of Vertigo, douglas scotney
- Sacaificed, Tony Ford
- Gay parade, Nassy Fesharaki
- Neighbor, Katie Doty
- department stores give me a headache, Mandolyn ...
- Secrets Hidden By The Side Of The Road, Is It Poetry
- Poetic Flashes, Sandra Feldman
- Lick Of Leak, sallam yassin
- Ode to Arizona on a Hot Summer's Day, Adam M. Snow
- Forgiveness, Tony Ford