Nothing is so sad and sorrowful than death!
But even death is sometimes pleasant and better
while one is unable to help and offer to the poor
in need and distress!
A friend in need is a friend indeed,
But a person who helps the poor in need
is similar to God! Help others!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem is a translation of a Tamil poem from literature ThirukkuRaL.
சாதலின் இன்னாத தில்லை; இனிததூஉம்
ஈதல் இயையாக் கடை.230 ஈகை
Comments about this poem (Help others! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The real wasteland, Peter Hall
- Known In This Town, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Veil, Peter Hall
- You Made Me A Fool, Edward Kofi Louis
- Only aim, gajanan mishra
- The Wheelchair Butterfly, James Tate
- Crickets, Jayatissa Liyanage
- I can feel your love, Jesus James Llorico
- Grabbing The Winds, Edward Kofi Louis
- Christianity is, Peter Hall