Dr.V.K. Kanniappan (17.10.1944 / Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India)
Nothing is so sad and sorrowful than death!
But even death is sometimes pleasant and better
while one is unable to help and offer to the poor
in need and distress!
A friend in need is a friend indeed,
But a person who helps the poor in need
is similar to God! Help others!
Poet Other Poems
- A beautiful portrait! -Haiku
- A Brahman Wins By Tactics
- A Day When The Food Eaten All Alone
- A dumb person having a dream!
- A Favor Done To Men Of Knowledge and Vir...
- A Feeling Of Euphoria In The Fertile Fie...
- A Good Modern Poem
- A Guava fruit a day
- A house with a deferring wife becomes a ...
- A learned person shall not eat the food ...
- A Lover Is Perplexed At Seeing His Fianc...
- A married wife who is disobedient to the...
- A Person Who Does Not Skip Moral Values!
- A Person Who Is Superior To The Holy Pe...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem is a translation of a Tamil poem from literature ThirukkuRaL.
சாதலின் இன்னாத தில்லை; இனிததூஉம்
ஈதல் இயையாக் கடை.230 ஈகை