Nothing is so sad and sorrowful than death!
But even death is sometimes pleasant and better
while one is unable to help and offer to the poor
in need and distress!
A friend in need is a friend indeed,
But a person who helps the poor in need
is similar to God! Help others!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem is a translation of a Tamil poem from literature ThirukkuRaL.
சாதலின் இன்னாத தில்லை; இனிததூஉம்
ஈதல் இயையாக் கடை.230 ஈகை
Comments about this poem (Help others! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
- Who Are You, Tone Lyriker
- Rossette, Naveed Khalid
- tell sadness to catch the next bus, Mandolyn ...
- You and I, David Clinch
- The Beggar, David Clinch
- Just Wait, Alyssa Alexander
- Miep - A Woman of Courage, David Clinch
- Exam Time (for the girl who struggled), David Clinch
- A Cottage Hill, Naveed Khalid
- Keep Me Moored to the Harbour, David Clinch
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Udiah (witness to Yah)