Has My Heart Gone To Sleep?
Has my heart gone to sleep?
Have the beehives of my dreams
stopped working, the waterwheel
of the mind run dry,
scoops turning empty,
only shadow inside?
No, my heart is not asleep.
It is awake, wide awake.
Not asleep, not dreaming—
its eyes are opened wide
watching distant signals, listening
on the rim of vast silence.
Antonio Machado's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Has My Heart Gone To Sleep? by Antonio Machado )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Love Of God, BRENDA KANSHABE TUMUSHABE
- A SHADOW IN DAKNESS, ROCHISH MON
- Flaming Desire, Pijush Biswas
- Reasons for Defeat, Maurice Whyte
- Meadow, Aftab Alam
- Desirable Someone, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- The Caged Bird, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Rainbows, Phil Soar
- A Brief History of History, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- equal, Matthew Edan Oliver Palma