Who set, between those rocks like cinder,
to show the honey of dream,
that golden broom,
those blue rosemaries?
Who painted the purple mountains
and the saffron, sunset sky?
The hermitage, the beehives,
the cleft of the river
the endless rolling water deep in rocks,
the pale-green of new fields,
all of it, even the white and pink
under the almond trees!
Antonio Machado's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Passageways by Antonio Machado )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A Violent Society, Gillian Commerford
- No terror, gajanan mishra
- Anti-social, Gillian Commerford
- Over crowded, hasmukh amathalal
- أمطار الدم, سميح القاسم
- Voices, Gillian Commerford
- The strength is, gajanan mishra
- Alone, Gillian Commerford
- Being To Dawns And Clouds Blind, Vsevolod Rozhdestvensky
- I Did Not Seek The Other Forune's Favor, Vsevolod Rozhdestvensky