Happy Mother’s Day Mother
Mommy, Manman, today
You will be prettier than any other day.
You will be more beautiful than the rainbow in heaven.
You will be wearing a crown decorated with gold and satin.
Mommy, Mama, you will be sparkling like diamond.
I will hum many happy songs for you, I will send
You exotic flowers, I will buy lottery tickets for you,
(Mom, you know how I hate doing that) , and I will do
Anything to please you, so you can smile.
I will listen to your stories, even the ones that are like a wile.
I will answer all of your questions without grimacing.
(Mom, you know how you can be inquisitive) . I will sing
Like a lucky baby, because you are my mother,
My confidante, my rock, my backup and my nurturer.
Mommy Darling, today
Is extraordinary, a very special day.
I am beside myself; I am walking on cloud nine;
So, as we go forward, you will always be fine.
Stay away from the kitchen today.
For the entire month of May,
You do not have to cook,
Just read your favorite book.
When you are tired with one activity,
Please move on to another happy
One, or do whatever you want.
Mom, for the rest of your life, I want you to be peachy;
Comfortable; at ease; and very pleasant.
Hebert Logerie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happy Mother’s Day Mother by Hebert Logerie )
- The Crosse Of Christ, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Love is complete, gajanan mishra
- When you know God, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Hymn, Sir Henry Wotton
- Raja Ravi Varma, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Psalm CIV, Sir Henry Wotton
- Friendship, Afshan Fatima
- Shaking Off The Finger Tip, Is It Poetry
- Golden Glow, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- A Prayer, Nicholas Breton
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)