When I'm gone
please don't cry.
Release your tears now
so I'll have wings to fly.
Tell the weeping willow to no longer
weep for there is no need.
Tell the sky to open its clouds
for my soul is ready to be free.
Free from mind, body, and heart
for these things have all grown apart.
If a tear does fall and you feel weird
have no fear because my soul is near.
The clouds have opened and
my soul is ready to leave.
At night wish upon a star with a silent prayer
and my soul will find your heart.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Guardian Angel by Aisha Love )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
Poem of the Day
- Dreams, Michael P. McParland
- Dreamland, Michael P. McParland
- Dreaming Of You, Michael P. McParland
- Dreaded Sleep, Michael P. McParland
- Don't Say, I Said, Michael P. McParland
- it is Not My Business To See Who A Catho.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- This situation, hasmukh amathalal
- 'Poetry is a triangular art', Pranab K. Chakraborty
- What have I Given To This Life, What Has.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- At least, SALINI NAIR