Gravity keeps pulling me down.
I keep getting shorter by the minute.
I’m on my toes stretching up.
But I find that while I’m in it
this world weighs too heavy on me.
And I don’t think it’s due to gravity.
Started out at five-foot three.
I was comfortable with my height.
But now gravity’s got me at five-foot one.
I’m shrinking before my sight.
I guess there’s not a thing I can do.
It’s the gravity of the situation makes me blue.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gravity by Edwina Reizer )
- Offer with promises, hasmukh amathalal
- Morning Triku XXV, Steve Kittell
- My Pencil, Steve Kittell
- By The Thames as Late September Night Fa.., Shaun William Hayes
- It Really Ain't So Bad.... In Hell ......., Bri Edwards
- Crushed Cookies...... [HUMOR; SHORT; re.., Bri Edwards
- Where Did Mommy Go, Stephen Morris Jr
- me sisters dog, lee fones
- On Cold Grey Mountain, John Martinez
- I KNEW LOVE, SHARON YAKOWA
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Lost Star, Rabindranath Tagore
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(22 March 1941 -)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)