Losing you was a nightmare
forgetting you was impossible to do
I was broken.
You were gone
Endless nights full of pain
silent tears down my face
I was lost.
You were still gone.
Finding him was a surprise
loving him seemed impossible to do
I was healing.
While you were gone
Days full of warm smiles
life full of wonder, kisses and hugs
I was happy.
I had moved on.
Finding you again was unexpected
whispering sweet words into my ear
You were back.
I was confused.
How silly to want to revive the past
How naive to want to take it all back
you want the love that was once ours
but darling. I am already gone.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gone by Simply Ruby )
- Villanelle: Even childhood teenage nurtu.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Conversation between Two Dead Bodies, Md. Ziaul Haque
- This World is Full of Beauty, Gerald Massey
- Let's Get Wet in Moonlight, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Inner Sacrifice, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Tribute to a Writer, Md. Ziaul Haque
- For Touching You Once, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Be Mine Forever, Md. Ziaul Haque
- It's a Beautiful World, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Beauty, Alfred Lord Tennyson
Poem of the Day
- My Retreat, Jose Rizal
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Thanksgiving Wish To You My Love, Thad Wilk
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)