Losing you was a nightmare
forgetting you was impossible to do
I was broken.
You were gone
Endless nights full of pain
silent tears down my face
I was lost.
You were still gone.
Finding him was a surprise
loving him seemed impossible to do
I was healing.
While you were gone
Days full of warm smiles
life full of wonder, kisses and hugs
I was happy.
I had moved on.
Finding you again was unexpected
whispering sweet words into my ear
You were back.
I was confused.
How silly to want to revive the past
How naive to want to take it all back
you want the love that was once ours
but darling. I am already gone.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gone by Simply Ruby )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolf, Roald Dahl
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)