Losing you was a nightmare
forgetting you was impossible to do
I was broken.
You were gone
Endless nights full of pain
silent tears down my face
I was lost.
You were still gone.
Finding him was a surprise
loving him seemed impossible to do
I was healing.
While you were gone
Days full of warm smiles
life full of wonder, kisses and hugs
I was happy.
I had moved on.
Finding you again was unexpected
whispering sweet words into my ear
You were back.
I was confused.
How silly to want to revive the past
How naive to want to take it all back
you want the love that was once ours
but darling. I am already gone.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Gone by Simply Ruby )
- The Exquisite Thing, Mark R. Elias
- Leaf to Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Strange Paradox, Sandra Feldman
- Celebrate Life, david kush
- Speechless, Michael McParland
- The Road That Leads To There, Is It Poetry
- The girl of great beauty was not to be f.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Moon's Rebellion, Kewayne Wadley
- African Funeral, onzia dan
- Scavenger, Morakinyo Temiloluwa Bolarinwa
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns