Golden Rules for a Happy Marriage
We have some Golden Rules for our marriage.
We always put God First.
Our mate second,
Our children third,
Our work fourth,
We always build the other one up.
We never tear each other down.
We never go to bed mad.
We always try to give according to the other one's love language.
We always make time for each other.
We never mention the word divorce.
We never take someone's side over the other.
Tis not allowed!
We kiss each other good night.
We kiss each other good bye.
We pray together each night.
Praying for God's blessings upon our marriage,
Praying for God's blessings upon our home,
Praying for God's blessings upon our children,
Whether, they're near or far.
We always end our conversation, with, I love you!
We never skip our rules.
They're our Golden Rules for our Happy Marriage.
They have been tried and true.
Modified for a lasting marriage
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Golden Rules for a Happy Marriage by Patricia Kelley )
- To Perish In Paris, Curtlan Popo
- Depths Of Self - Assertion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Much More To Life There Is To Live, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Our first meet, gajanan mishra
- Intensity Of A Mere Poet, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Distant Whirring, Curtlan Popo
- A Challenge Title Contest - 2014's Oct N.., Brian Johnston
- Intuitively Wondering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- No Other Presence, Hannah Bryson Price
- Transcendent Evolution, Curtlan Popo
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Barbie Doll, Marge Piercy
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)