Golden Rules for a Happy Marriage
We have some Golden Rules for our marriage.
We always put God First.
Our mate second,
Our children third,
Our work fourth,
We always build the other one up.
We never tear each other down.
We never go to bed mad.
We always try to give according to the other one's love language.
We always make time for each other.
We never mention the word divorce.
We never take someone's side over the other.
Tis not allowed!
We kiss each other good night.
We kiss each other good bye.
We pray together each night.
Praying for God's blessings upon our marriage,
Praying for God's blessings upon our home,
Praying for God's blessings upon our children,
Whether, they're near or far.
We always end our conversation, with, I love you!
We never skip our rules.
They're our Golden Rules for our Happy Marriage.
They have been tried and true.
Modified for a lasting marriage
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Golden Rules for a Happy Marriage by Patricia Kelley )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Holly Moon
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)