Golden Rules for a Happy Marriage
We have some Golden Rules for our marriage.
We always put God First.
Our mate second,
Our children third,
Our work fourth,
We always build the other one up.
We never tear each other down.
We never go to bed mad.
We always try to give according to the other one's love language.
We always make time for each other.
We never mention the word divorce.
We never take someone's side over the other.
Tis not allowed!
We kiss each other good night.
We kiss each other good bye.
We pray together each night.
Praying for God's blessings upon our marriage,
Praying for God's blessings upon our home,
Praying for God's blessings upon our children,
Whether, they're near or far.
We always end our conversation, with, I love you!
We never skip our rules.
They're our Golden Rules for our Happy Marriage.
They have been tried and true.
Modified for a lasting marriage
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Golden Rules for a Happy Marriage by Patricia Kelley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Carnal Succubus, Is It Poetry
- colorful lies, Mary Amrutha
- Bonus post, Mae AC.
- My Left Hand, Kyle Schlicher
- The Mad Scientist Writing, Kyle Schlicher
- Right or Wrong, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- A Real Friend, Margaret Moran
- you're a vessel i want live on twelve mo.., Mandolyn ...
- Riff on Bruce's Post Card Love Affairs, David McLansky
- Eternal Thirst, Lora Colon