I couldn't sleep tonight and so I stretched each muscle in my body.
I always tried to get you to stretch with me
But you never seemed interested in anything that didn't match your romanticized fantasies.
I remember as a child, I was the most flexible in my class.
My knees touch the floor during the butterfly stretch and it felt like I was actually worth something in that moment.
Sometimes I think honestly about life and where I've gone wrong
and what I could have done differently to make it better.
I never thought when I was a kid, that I would be as sad as I am now days.
Happiness is a choice, but I've never been good at decision making.
From all those sleepless nights I lay in my bed
Remembering the goals I had for us a single
Tear drips onto my pillow because I know that I can't start this one over.
Simone Graves's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Go back by Simone Graves )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- "Twist these Big Tits Purple", Richard Thripp
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -66, Ronjoy Brahma
- Stories Are Created, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- When Fresh Fish Fails, Richard Thripp
- center, laxami Cards
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -65, Ronjoy Brahma
- Im sorry mom, claudia Fernandez
- Witless Innocence, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Sitters And Their Dreams, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- There Is Nothing I Can Do, Lawrence S. Pertillar