I couldn't sleep tonight and so I stretched each muscle in my body.
I always tried to get you to stretch with me
But you never seemed interested in anything that didn't match your romanticized fantasies.
I remember as a child, I was the most flexible in my class.
My knees touch the floor during the butterfly stretch and it felt like I was actually worth something in that moment.
Sometimes I think honestly about life and where I've gone wrong
and what I could have done differently to make it better.
I never thought when I was a kid, that I would be as sad as I am now days.
Happiness is a choice, but I've never been good at decision making.
From all those sleepless nights I lay in my bed
Remembering the goals I had for us a single
Tear drips onto my pillow because I know that I can't start this one over.
Simone Graves's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Go back by Simone Graves )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(November 1, 1871 – June 5, 1900)
(25 August 1962 -)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Remember, Anne Sexton
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Let the music play on, Harold R Hunt Sr
- A Girl's Proposal, Meenakshi Hariharan
- Man, Katherina Palomo
- Move on, Edward Clapham
- Only the View, David Lewis Paget
- Out-of-body Experience, Colm Keenan
- Burqawali Bibi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Gentle Soul, Joseph Narusiewicz
- He Watches over Me, Angela Khristin Brown
- A Modern Girl In The Make-Up, The Face A.., Bijay Kant Dubey