I couldn't sleep tonight and so I stretched each muscle in my body.
I always tried to get you to stretch with me
But you never seemed interested in anything that didn't match your romanticized fantasies.
I remember as a child, I was the most flexible in my class.
My knees touch the floor during the butterfly stretch and it felt like I was actually worth something in that moment.
Sometimes I think honestly about life and where I've gone wrong
and what I could have done differently to make it better.
I never thought when I was a kid, that I would be as sad as I am now days.
Happiness is a choice, but I've never been good at decision making.
From all those sleepless nights I lay in my bed
Remembering the goals I had for us a single
Tear drips onto my pillow because I know that I can't start this one over.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Go back by Simone Graves )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Woodcutter, prayash purush
- A Deprived Child, Dona Jean
- Meditation, Rimni chakravarty
- Dear! It Has To Be you, Rimni chakravarty
- Upon These Adored Shores, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Myself, Rimni chakravarty
- A tale of two trees, Ricky Nyairo
- Priceless Price, Persian Nightingale
- Cacophonous eves, Priyanka Bhowmick
- MY SIMPLE TASTES, Hannington Mumo