I Think I'm Breaking Down Again
I need you to listen to me.
Need you to hear me out and not speak.
I don't know what's ailing me
making me feel so ill, so desperate to find a way out.
I can't find a way out.
Stuck inside my head again and there was no one there when I awoke this morning so I had no choice but to let it roam.
It was too silent.
Too quiet for me not to hear it.
And now it's driving me.
Taking me to a place I don't want to be.
I want to act out violently to make someone see
that I'm in chains and want to be free.
But I can't find the key.
And it pains me to think that no one is able to rescue me because it's me keeping me locked up.
Im the prisoner as well as the accuser,
this smoke filled room shouting out that I'm a loser,
a crazy one who can't get her head straight.
Get your head on straight, get a grip girl,
you're fighting against the world and the after world telling you to go astray.
It never had to be this way.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Think I'm Breaking Down Again by Simone Graves )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Blue Words Were Spoken From A Golden Book, mary douglas
- Essay of Self, Simon Quperlier
- I Was Wearing A Dress Of Impeachable Hue, mary douglas
- Dull by nature, gajanan mishra
- Silently Growing Strength, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Green The Leaf Reverts To When Earth.., mary douglas
- Singles Dance at the Union Hall, Donal Mahoney
- Excitement, Pradiptakumar Mohanty
- Impulse, Pradiptakumar Mohanty
- Awaiting you, Pradiptakumar Mohanty