I Think I'm Breaking Down Again
I need you to listen to me.
Need you to hear me out and not speak.
I don't know what's ailing me
making me feel so ill, so desperate to find a way out.
I can't find a way out.
Stuck inside my head again and there was no one there when I awoke this morning so I had no choice but to let it roam.
It was too silent.
Too quiet for me not to hear it.
And now it's driving me.
Taking me to a place I don't want to be.
I want to act out violently to make someone see
that I'm in chains and want to be free.
But I can't find the key.
And it pains me to think that no one is able to rescue me because it's me keeping me locked up.
Im the prisoner as well as the accuser,
this smoke filled room shouting out that I'm a loser,
a crazy one who can't get her head straight.
Get your head on straight, get a grip girl,
you're fighting against the world and the after world telling you to go astray.
It never had to be this way.
Simone Graves's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Think I'm Breaking Down Again by Simone Graves )
- Neon Sign, Richard Provencher
- The Sex Offender, Is It Poetry
- somebody buried glass in the middle of t.., gordon nosworthy
- How You..., abigail sikwenda
- In That Moment, abigail sikwenda
- My dance of seven veils, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Explosive True, sallam yassin
- If They Could Talk, Oh!, Luis Estable
- I DO NOT HAVE ANY WORD ليس عندي اية كلمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Beaufort Docks, Kyle Schlicher