Oh the interference of enemies with friendly masks!
It makes me laugh,
but oh, how it can make me cry.
Happiness is the rift between best of friends.
If I can't be loved,
then neither can you,
friends, what a mockery of the word,
for this is what friends do.
Friends never love a friend with a lover.
That is why no two people,
are ever 'good' for each other.
in the ruins of us all.
Rachel Henley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Friends' by Rachel Henley )
- Could he be right?, Von Kimball Barney
- You Are My Strength, greg paul
- Winters Coming, michael hagwood
- Whats Wrong With Me, jasmine paul
- Empty Skies, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- wholesome girl, Brit Thompson
- An Indian English Poet, His Father Was N.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- On The Way Down, Shalom Freedman
- Beyond Beautiful, greg paul
- Winterchill, Richard Provencher