Oh the interference of enemies with friendly masks!
It makes me laugh,
but oh, how it can make me cry.
Happiness is the rift between best of friends.
If I can't be loved,
then neither can you,
friends, what a mockery of the word,
for this is what friends do.
Friends never love a friend with a lover.
That is why no two people,
are ever 'good' for each other.
in the ruins of us all.
Rachel Henley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Friends' by Rachel Henley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Love has power, hasmukh amathalal
- Uneasy Rider, Diane Wakoski
- Perfect, Awkward Reality, Simon Quperlier
- The Photos, Diane Wakoski
- Thank You Dad, Damian Murphy
- Change Self Attitude and Find the World .., umaprosad das
- Lonely Is Me, Lilly Emery
- The Father of My Country, Diane Wakoski
- Life May Move, hasmukh amathalal
- Baby, You Are Poetry!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL