Lack Of Emotion
Write me a poem my love,
Dedicate the words to me,
Look me in the eyes and recite it.
And I will give all my love to thee.
What do you request?
Shall I compare you to the night?
Or tell you of how you look your best.
She placed her hand on my thigh,
Peering closer to me.
'What does your heart desire? '
The passion of sex was on fire.
The more we made love,
The more I wanted to please,
with words of rhyme,
words that only love could tease.
But the love for her body slowly wilted.
There was no more she could give me.
The softness of her voice, turnt to screaming.
'Why, why don't you love me? '
The sexual pleasure was heavenly.
Her body was simply devine.
But my heart was never hers.
My heart was always mine.
I'm sorry for not loving you,
Oh how I truly wished that I do.
But here is what you asked for.
This poem is for you.
Rachel Henley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lack Of Emotion by Rachel Henley )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1563 - 1631)
(7 May 1892 – 20 April 1982)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Gift, Li-Young Lee
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Why do I love you?, Birat Anupam
- CYMER, ANTHONY KIRUI
- Water nation, Birat Anupam
- Land of pilgrimage, gajanan mishra
- A Leafless Sunset, Naveed Khalid
- Don't Reach, Robert Ronnow
- You are all here, gajanan mishra
- Blue Wedding Bells Ring, Ken e Hall
- The Battleground, Leong Ming Loong
- An inner core, hasmukh amathalal