Lack Of Emotion
Write me a poem my love,
Dedicate the words to me,
Look me in the eyes and recite it.
And I will give all my love to thee.
What do you request?
Shall I compare you to the night?
Or tell you of how you look your best.
She placed her hand on my thigh,
Peering closer to me.
'What does your heart desire? '
The passion of sex was on fire.
The more we made love,
The more I wanted to please,
with words of rhyme,
words that only love could tease.
But the love for her body slowly wilted.
There was no more she could give me.
The softness of her voice, turnt to screaming.
'Why, why don't you love me? '
The sexual pleasure was heavenly.
Her body was simply devine.
But my heart was never hers.
My heart was always mine.
I'm sorry for not loving you,
Oh how I truly wished that I do.
But here is what you asked for.
This poem is for you.
Rachel Henley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lack Of Emotion by Rachel Henley )
- I Dry My Tears, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Valley of an autumn's night, Raluca Mitra
- The stars that touch a rose is the star.., Raymond Sawyer
- *Halloween Stroll, Alice Vedral Rivera
- चाँद रात में सैर, Rajnish Manga
- Oil In White Robe, Okoemu Barnabas
- I Could Have Loved You, Sandra Feldman
- I Don't Feel Like A Poet Today, Buxton Shippy
- A weirdo, Amgad Samy
- an act, Billie Lynn Minear
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Wait, Galway Kinnell
(1 February 1927)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)