Lack Of Emotion
Write me a poem my love,
Dedicate the words to me,
Look me in the eyes and recite it.
And I will give all my love to thee.
What do you request?
Shall I compare you to the night?
Or tell you of how you look your best.
She placed her hand on my thigh,
Peering closer to me.
'What does your heart desire? '
The passion of sex was on fire.
The more we made love,
The more I wanted to please,
with words of rhyme,
words that only love could tease.
But the love for her body slowly wilted.
There was no more she could give me.
The softness of her voice, turnt to screaming.
'Why, why don't you love me? '
The sexual pleasure was heavenly.
Her body was simply devine.
But my heart was never hers.
My heart was always mine.
I'm sorry for not loving you,
Oh how I truly wished that I do.
But here is what you asked for.
This poem is for you.
Rachel Henley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lack Of Emotion by Rachel Henley )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Flame, Nassy Fesharaki
- Travels On An Ox-Chart, Margaret Alice Second
- Mercy, save me., Darian Kalamerd
- ಪ್ರಶ್ನೆ, Deepak Malapur
- A Cruel Hope, Praveen Nautiyal
- Our Vista, Hazel Durham
- UNWANTED, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- In my poems each word, gajanan mishra
- The silent Witness, Angell Afinowi
- Peaceful Faculty-5, Pranab K. Chakraborty