Forever is but a concept
That exists in our own minds
Like railway tracks going off
To infinity, to a finite dot.
But what is forever in our mind?
Is it months in the future, a
Series of never ending dates
That melt into further months?
Forever is a time span that we
Cannot imagine; like eternity,
Never ending. Something
Beyond our comprehension.
For some forever is all the time
They have left in the moment
Of life’s complexity where even
Tomorrow lasts forever.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Forever by David Wood )
- Lack of money does not mean lack of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- On The T.V., Hannah Bryson Price
- Why do need wisdom anytime?, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- it is almost poetry, Mandolyn ...
- Wisdom's great aim, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Our world is without any kind of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dream packed drama, hasmukh amathalal
- A fool واحد احمق, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Quite same, hasmukh amathalal
- Lack of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Federico García Lorca
(5 June 1898 – 19 August 1936)