Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson
BOUNTIFULLY for you I sing these songs of beauty,
My heart jamboree to show-
Thou Angel of beauty.
READY for thee my heart yearn,
Panting in endless expectation-
Awaiting to embrace thee tight upon my bossom.
EVER for thee shall I clamour; that
If thou did be a sin-
Gladly shall I commit thee.
NEVER for thee shall I leave a trend of sorrow,
Nor the scouching sun steal thy peace-
For thy tears with kisses I shall wipe.
DEAREST for thee, is the joy of my work,
All I've got is you to gambol on the hallmark of joy-
That thy happiness may know no bound.
AS for me, thy pains my pain,
Thy sorrows, my sorrows-
That the path of happiness we tread together.
ONLY for thee, the longing of my joy,
Thou a precious gift unto thy family-
And to the world, A PEARL OF HAPPINESS
KINDLY for thee, the prayers of my heart,
For mercy's sake thee to keep-
All through the days of your living.
ASPIRING for thee, the Almighty I praise,
Life to thee gave with blessing's assurance-
Keeping thee in thy goings.
FROM thee I plead,
Thy tears wipe off and thy fears cast away-
For ahead lies a great future to feature thee a QUEEN.
OBVIOUSLY to thee, my heart cling,
For the beauty of thy heart indomitable: that-
Me, courage thou giveth to swim the ocean of trials.
REALLY for thee, I sing these songs,
Songs from the vocal of a poet to a fairy-
With a heart DIVINE for humanity.
[A special dedication to a special friend whose name is formed by the first word of every verse. BRENDA OKAFOR]
Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For Thee by Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson )
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Algernon Charles Swinburne
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Thanks for Remembering Us, Dana Gioia
Poem of the Day
- Brutality, gajanan mishra
- Blessings and mercy, hasmukh amathalal
- Manw..?, Swrji Basumatary
- She Came to Me, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Life Begins Again, Md. Ziaul Haque
- A Good Soul, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Best Wishes My Love, Valentine Mbagu
- Relativity And Love, Sambanath Denis
- 2014, Joseph Archer
- For violating state law, Cyndi K. Gacosta