Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson
BOUNTIFULLY for you I sing these songs of beauty,
My heart jamboree to show-
Thou Angel of beauty.
READY for thee my heart yearn,
Panting in endless expectation-
Awaiting to embrace thee tight upon my bossom.
EVER for thee shall I clamour; that
If thou did be a sin-
Gladly shall I commit thee.
NEVER for thee shall I leave a trend of sorrow,
Nor the scouching sun steal thy peace-
For thy tears with kisses I shall wipe.
DEAREST for thee, is the joy of my work,
All I've got is you to gambol on the hallmark of joy-
That thy happiness may know no bound.
AS for me, thy pains my pain,
Thy sorrows, my sorrows-
That the path of happiness we tread together.
ONLY for thee, the longing of my joy,
Thou a precious gift unto thy family-
And to the world, A PEARL OF HAPPINESS
KINDLY for thee, the prayers of my heart,
For mercy's sake thee to keep-
All through the days of your living.
ASPIRING for thee, the Almighty I praise,
Life to thee gave with blessing's assurance-
Keeping thee in thy goings.
FROM thee I plead,
Thy tears wipe off and thy fears cast away-
For ahead lies a great future to feature thee a QUEEN.
OBVIOUSLY to thee, my heart cling,
For the beauty of thy heart indomitable: that-
Me, courage thou giveth to swim the ocean of trials.
REALLY for thee, I sing these songs,
Songs from the vocal of a poet to a fairy-
With a heart DIVINE for humanity.
[A special dedication to a special friend whose name is formed by the first word of every verse. BRENDA OKAFOR]
Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (For Thee by Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson )
- For simple reaction, hasmukh amathalal
- بلادي الحزينة, Ashraf Elgmmal
- Best endevor, hasmukh amathalal
- لماذا أحب وجهكِ ؟, Ashraf Elgmmal
- Shadow Of My Soul, Spiritwind Wood
- Better Than You, Bernedita Rosinha Pinto
- Taking From Us, Spiritwind Wood
- Father Son and Holy Ghost, Audre Lorde
- For The Last Time, Orlando Belo
- End in desert, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)