Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson
Gently into the bright future I sway;
Then I met her so fair on my way and
To her beauty a gaze I never say nay. For
In her I see the face of my Cinderella.
Her fairness no comparism, my confession-
Be of the damsel who in heart is full of passion. That
My desire of her I cannot hold back my emotion'
To call her my Cinderella.
The dance of her beauty leaves no measure.
Capturing my fantasy in great pleasure;
Forever with her be my time leisure
To always have a dance with her, my Cinderella.
Round in the shadowy whirl wind of fantasy;
Goes a great sense of me ecstasy-
With streams of passionate intimacy
To always behold her so pretty- my Cinderella.
Behold! Illusions now come to reality.
Imagination in great confidence calleth opportunity
Featuring the heart in that sense of utility'
Of having the one who shall be my Cinderella.
Shall I not look upon your beauty, that
Like a dance in the Milky Way
With heart full of appreciation of
Your majestic effervescence
Say… You are MY CINDERELLA.
Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Cinderella by Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson )
- Truth, Jonathan H. Scott
- Hindi haiku - diwali, S.D. TIWARI
- You With Your Wild Strawberries Will Nev.., mary douglas
- A jumping bean, Harold R Hunt Sr
- A bean, Harold R Hunt Sr
- There are heroes, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Love counts the hours, Mark Heathcote
- My Deck, Harold R Hunt Sr
- A trip to rotgut, Harold R Hunt Sr
- A recipe for a poem, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)