Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson
Gently into the bright future I sway;
Then I met her so fair on my way and
To her beauty a gaze I never say nay. For
In her I see the face of my Cinderella.
Her fairness no comparism, my confession-
Be of the damsel who in heart is full of passion. That
My desire of her I cannot hold back my emotion'
To call her my Cinderella.
The dance of her beauty leaves no measure.
Capturing my fantasy in great pleasure;
Forever with her be my time leisure
To always have a dance with her, my Cinderella.
Round in the shadowy whirl wind of fantasy;
Goes a great sense of me ecstasy-
With streams of passionate intimacy
To always behold her so pretty- my Cinderella.
Behold! Illusions now come to reality.
Imagination in great confidence calleth opportunity
Featuring the heart in that sense of utility'
Of having the one who shall be my Cinderella.
Shall I not look upon your beauty, that
Like a dance in the Milky Way
With heart full of appreciation of
Your majestic effervescence
Say… You are MY CINDERELLA.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Cinderella by Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(3 June 1926 – 5 April 1997)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- He Watches over Me, Angela Khristin Brown
- A Modern Girl In The Make-Up, The Face A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Your Day, abdulrazak aralimatti
- The Deeds of the Devil, Swetashree Sahoo
- Without Spending Money, He Is A Net Poet.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Destruction, Aftab Alam
- You know everything - public good, gajanan mishra
- DEATH PERMANENT! *, Subbaraman N V
- When Angry, Leong Ming Loong
- Truth and conscience, gajanan mishra