Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson
Ballad of Anguish II
Can I ever still believe there's true love...
Who would now stand to convince me
That out there is someone special who
Even in your mistake is still willing to see the good in you.
Who can stand to say there is an exceptional one
Amongst the many multitude?
T's the voice of heartbreak;
Weeping on the strings of pain and agony
The travails of Real Love
The decry of a disappointed heart
Weeping in silence of a lost love.
A ballad of anguish
With sorrowful melodies
Chanted upon broken wings
Who ever shall be trusted with love.
What do we to show our heart
Yet our efforts furtile and in vain
In this vain world of mortality.
Shall I not say CURSE BE LOVE if there is?
But LOVE they say is God
And what happens when you love and lost
What happens when you show that love
And you are not understood
Who now can prove the difference?
Shall I ever know?
Far be it to come across such again.
No other I can look with the eyes I saw her
Salvagers them be.
Let me take the course
Laid upon the curse
Which my fault is the cause
And to no add be my plause
For real hard I feel the beat of my purse
Echoeing deep in my heart on this clause
Of clustered emotion thus
Like the lost flora in the nature's course
To thee whom I loved.
Thou leavest, be it for good, so be it
Thou returneth, my arms open
But hear thou me;
My life thou hast shattered
My hope thou hast killed
My future thou hast thrown to chamble.
No other shall I love
Let the bleed of my heart upon this Ballad
A BALLAD OF TEARS
OF PAINS AND SORROWS
Be the seal.
For thee I wait but
If thou cometh not,
Then let me die with no love.
Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Ballad of Anguish II by Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson )
- The Purple Ant, Bhargabi Dei Mahakul
- Just For Me, Elia Michael
- A Sad Bird, Rohit Sapra
- we are a perfect promenade, Mandolyn ...
- When Love Opened The Door, Lora Colon
- Bounty of giving, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.50, Monk E. Biz
- The hunter's trap شرك الصياد - للشاعر ال.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Tears of Eyes Speak The Truth, Rohit Sapra
- Goose bumps / song, Mark Heathcote
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- As Soon as Fred Gets Out of Bed, Jack Prelutsky
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)