Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson
Ballad of Anguish
Anguish fills my heart
I sing my song
It's a song sorrow
When tears my wine become and
Turmoil upon my table of dine served
My soul knows no joy any longer
And my whole being dance in mourn
To that rhythmn of pains and heartbreak
Echoed into the drums of my ears
Like the ghostly call to the Spirit world.
It's all gone...
The joy I fought for,
The happiness I wept for-
Lo me now!
In a cauldron of penury I deep
Swimming in the ocean of endless disgust
As life has become but a furtile run for me
That upon my heels I seek refuge under the shade of death.
It's no fracas
But a song of loneliness
The cry of an abandoned lover
The tears of a deserted fascination
the fantasies all gone
And the joyous ecstacy, a rain of hail.
Terror in laughter
Panic with disastrous wink
All upon my ageing face
Washing my face in a bath of tears.
T's my song of sorrow
A ballad of anguish for my lost love.
I failed her
She left without a blink.
Abandoned in a wilderness of regret,
I swim pass those sands of pains
Never hoping for any other love
For she one in all I thought I could ever have
Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ballad of Anguish by Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson )
- Your Fault, Von Kimball Barney
- Faking news, gajanan mishra
- Simply Is No End, Margaret Alice Second
- तुम और हम, Priyanka Gupta
- Seeing Childhood In Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Intellectual Gifts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God Is Light, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Welcome Autumn, Abdullah alHemaidy
- shadow of life, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Obstacle Race, anujan raja
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Maurice Polydore-Marie-Bernard Maeterlinck
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1886 - 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)