Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson
Ballad of Anguish
Anguish fills my heart
I sing my song
It's a song sorrow
When tears my wine become and
Turmoil upon my table of dine served
My soul knows no joy any longer
And my whole being dance in mourn
To that rhythmn of pains and heartbreak
Echoed into the drums of my ears
Like the ghostly call to the Spirit world.
It's all gone...
The joy I fought for,
The happiness I wept for-
Lo me now!
In a cauldron of penury I deep
Swimming in the ocean of endless disgust
As life has become but a furtile run for me
That upon my heels I seek refuge under the shade of death.
It's no fracas
But a song of loneliness
The cry of an abandoned lover
The tears of a deserted fascination
the fantasies all gone
And the joyous ecstacy, a rain of hail.
Terror in laughter
Panic with disastrous wink
All upon my ageing face
Washing my face in a bath of tears.
T's my song of sorrow
A ballad of anguish for my lost love.
I failed her
She left without a blink.
Abandoned in a wilderness of regret,
I swim pass those sands of pains
Never hoping for any other love
For she one in all I thought I could ever have
Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ballad of Anguish by Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson )
- When My Ship Comes In, Mawunyo Adjei
- With elegant grace she overflowed, Erato
- My Words, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Sealed, Valerie Dohren
- Enamored Love, Lilly Emery
- The Futility Of Illusions, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Tour of Autumn, Cathy Hodgson
- The ache, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Ein schmaler Streifen kahler Klippen, Wolfgang Steinmann
- We've Got to Tear These Fences Down Yeah!, David Clinch
Poem of the Day
- Identity, Cyrus Diaz
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns