Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson
Ballad of Anguish
Anguish fills my heart
I sing my song
It's a song sorrow
When tears my wine become and
Turmoil upon my table of dine served
My soul knows no joy any longer
And my whole being dance in mourn
To that rhythmn of pains and heartbreak
Echoed into the drums of my ears
Like the ghostly call to the Spirit world.
It's all gone...
The joy I fought for,
The happiness I wept for-
Lo me now!
In a cauldron of penury I deep
Swimming in the ocean of endless disgust
As life has become but a furtile run for me
That upon my heels I seek refuge under the shade of death.
It's no fracas
But a song of loneliness
The cry of an abandoned lover
The tears of a deserted fascination
the fantasies all gone
And the joyous ecstacy, a rain of hail.
Terror in laughter
Panic with disastrous wink
All upon my ageing face
Washing my face in a bath of tears.
T's my song of sorrow
A ballad of anguish for my lost love.
I failed her
She left without a blink.
Abandoned in a wilderness of regret,
I swim pass those sands of pains
Never hoping for any other love
For she one in all I thought I could ever have
Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ballad of Anguish by Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Winter Night, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- upon new year's, Ivana Valasik
- Double Jeopardy, David Lewis Paget
- Mining artwork narratives from Sydney Bi.., Danny Draper
- I want to change the language, Danny Draper
- Conference confinement, Danny Draper
- Lunch in the Art Gallery of NSW members .., Danny Draper
- Vulnerability, Valsa George
- Arbitrary (an acronym for beaurocracy), Danny Draper
- The Great Avarice Belief, Danny Draper
- Five Liner- Another Dawn, Valsa George