Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson
Who dare stand the face of thy effrontery
The bolt of thy voice so gallant that
Thy echoes deracinated the most burly mountain.
Thou spread forth the windows of thy eyes
In thy immortal supremacy cast
Upon the mortal hearts of men
And over them watch with bailiwick.
To the righteous peace accord but
To the wicked you blow to chaff and sweep away
The cry of the innocent you allow no despair
And upon their oppressors you avenge
With the bolt of your anger you strike
Pulling down the wicked and wiping them off the earth's surface.
In thee is refuge found and with thee is no despair
For you are the god of justice taking thy vengeance with the bolt of the thunder.
*Amadioha is the name of a deity in the Igbo Tribe of Nigeria. He is the god of justice and also the god of thunder.
Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Amadioha by Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson )
- The Now., RAJ VIKRAM
- The Mirror, RAJ VIKRAM
- A reverie, RAJ VIKRAM
- Like Arrows In Quivers, Saiom Shriver
- The Monster, crystal ruth
- A.Blok, You are - the wild call.. - tran.., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Blok, As day so light... - translation.., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Blok, The Petersburg twilights..- tran.., Lyudmila Purgina
- quotation # 4, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Thanks For What?, Liliana EL.
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)