Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson
Who dare stand the face of thy effrontery
The bolt of thy voice so gallant that
Thy echoes deracinated the most burly mountain.
Thou spread forth the windows of thy eyes
In thy immortal supremacy cast
Upon the mortal hearts of men
And over them watch with bailiwick.
To the righteous peace accord but
To the wicked you blow to chaff and sweep away
The cry of the innocent you allow no despair
And upon their oppressors you avenge
With the bolt of your anger you strike
Pulling down the wicked and wiping them off the earth's surface.
In thee is refuge found and with thee is no despair
For you are the god of justice taking thy vengeance with the bolt of the thunder.
*Amadioha is the name of a deity in the Igbo Tribe of Nigeria. He is the god of justice and also the god of thunder.
Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Amadioha by Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson )
- Feeling, Anne Rub.
- Lost amid his Laughter, Aftab Alam
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME AND .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- COPLA 93 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Fake Love, Anne Rub.
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Down Pours The Rain, Rimni chakravarty
- Cold In Obudu Ranch, Tony Adah
- Life is on Rent, Aftab Alam