Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson
In that fusing power of imagination,
I gesticulate into reality-
Picturing the wonders of the coming future
In which shall be the revelation of posterity.
When in my empire of wealth, I shall dwell in position;
With full acclaim of authority;
And to my command be the structure
Of all and sunder of humanity.
Then shall I be held in high estimation,
All- for my supremacy
When on all decree shall be my signature:
For to my banquet shall be the bounty.
For my philantropism shall I be known for all generation
And to no end of comparism shall be my generosity.
Upon the face of my picture,
They shall look unto for opportunity.
In that tide of passion,
With heart full of mercy
Shall be the reign of justice to feature;
When no more shall laws play in futility.
So, the call to jubilation and celebration
In that train of futurity-
When the balloon of sadness and sorrow we shall puncture
And a mourning lullaby to bid farewell to poverty.
To the heart that believes is the declaration.
With full manifestation of integrity
Making their pleasure leave no measure
And so becoming the heart of the society to no depravity.
Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Actual Delusion by Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Merry Christmas, lee fones
- Searching For Convictions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Not Strong Enough, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Past Woes, Naveed Akram
- Knowing Their Loss, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Screwed for Life Club, Francie Lynch
- Let's Celebrate Life, Roxanne Dubarry
- Descendants, Akhtar Jawad
- The Heart Of A Poet, arshad arshad
- Have You Seen The Bizarre And Grotesque .., Bijay Kant Dubey