Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson
In that fusing power of imagination,
I gesticulate into reality-
Picturing the wonders of the coming future
In which shall be the revelation of posterity.
When in my empire of wealth, I shall dwell in position;
With full acclaim of authority;
And to my command be the structure
Of all and sunder of humanity.
Then shall I be held in high estimation,
All- for my supremacy
When on all decree shall be my signature:
For to my banquet shall be the bounty.
For my philantropism shall I be known for all generation
And to no end of comparism shall be my generosity.
Upon the face of my picture,
They shall look unto for opportunity.
In that tide of passion,
With heart full of mercy
Shall be the reign of justice to feature;
When no more shall laws play in futility.
So, the call to jubilation and celebration
In that train of futurity-
When the balloon of sadness and sorrow we shall puncture
And a mourning lullaby to bid farewell to poverty.
To the heart that believes is the declaration.
With full manifestation of integrity
Making their pleasure leave no measure
And so becoming the heart of the society to no depravity.
Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Actual Delusion by Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson )
- My Wife, KRISHNA SAMPATH KUMAR
- childhood, oskar hansen
- Fate's Violin, Arno Le Roux
- The Keepers Of Paris, Arno Le Roux
- A Secret Room, Arno Le Roux
- The Drug That Is Time, Arno Le Roux
- Random life!, SALINI NAIR
- Secret Music, Arno Le Roux
- My Weird Looks, Rohit Sapra
- The Way I Feel About Love, Rohit Sapra
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1679 - 1718)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)