RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Sitting reluctantly through another cinco de mayo
celebration, senior style.
Music is fine and upbeat, yet we can do without
the many voices that are flat and hitting our ear
drums with their unheard tonal pitches.
Suffering silently, hoping, wishing, praying for
an end of this dismal performance.
Tactfully smiling, clapping on cue, minds in a
quandary, trying to be nice and not walk out of
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Flat Tones by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Is It My Poetry's Nadir?, Dr John Celes
- Resolute Me, S. I. Rednow
- The Life Of A Junkie, John Masaitis
- falling in love after love fell for us, Mandolyn ...
- Birth Of A Boy, John Masaitis
- A Toast to Love, Sara Militello
- Overcoming obstacles, Gerry Legister
- Easy, Curtis Brown
- The Bed, John Foster
- Never the end, Curtis Brown