Peter Daniel Phiri
Farewell, Dear Old Poet
Oh, dear old poet!
Your words make sense to me now,
Five years after you are dead and gone; lying in your grave quiet.
My spirit is full like the river before my eyes,
Like these ripples and seductive song it enchants without thought;
Sorrow fills my spirit as wisdom comes to me with enlightenment sky wide.
I am a keeper of the fiber of wisdom hidden in every poet's thought.
I was an egg, but now I've hatched, I no longer hide.
My soul is enchanted,
Coated with the addiction of rhyme, wisdom and mystery;
Fear has long departed.
I feel the little steps of my mind creep to the same levels,
Of poets of yesteryear.
Farewell dear poet,
I'm quoting your words now and I'm so sad,
I wish I should have said thank you not walk out on you.
'Lad, you are too young to be famous,
But in your poems, I find wisdom and sense you have no idea you put across.
Your mind should peel to its core, then you will understand these things I utter.
Poetry is an art of living;
To be a great poet; poetry must consume you a great deal.
But your day will come when you shall utter things that make sense;
Way after their echoes have faded.
Only then Lad, shall you become a great poet....
Mind and know where your poems root from,
And fame will follow you.
Unfortunately you shall become famous after I've gone,
So I hope these things I utter shall remain tattoed in your mind,
And be your guide
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Farewell, Dear Old Poet by Peter Daniel Phiri )
- a journey away from words, RIC S. BASTASA
- the iron cables laid to sea, RIC S. BASTASA
- Finding her, Akhil Zoomin
- great respect for what should not be sp.., RIC S. BASTASA
- for life is life and it is never yours, RIC S. BASTASA
- o! Grief!, RIC S. BASTASA
- Sleep Tight Dear One, Michael McParland
- Wicked Intentions, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Last words, Akhil Zoomin
- L.Messi 오피뷰 선릉오피 KTwiz 대림오피 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM .., sibngnu11 sibngnu11
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Indira Renganathan
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)