Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
Oh, the sunset was magnificent!
I wish you had been here to see
The beauty of its rendering.
Red and gold painted clouds, resting on
Amethyst pillows with white satin
Ribbons, draped across the sky.
Sunset, disappeared into the evening calm.
I wish you had been here for the
Magic of this unveiling.
Dorothy Alves Holmes
A Poet Who Loves To Sing
Dorothy (Alves) Holmes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Evening's Calling by Dorothy (Alves) Holmes )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(15 April 1958)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- QUARTER! 2015 Australian Open: Djokovic .., Vincent Wendele
Poem of the Day
- Esprit de corps, Naveed Khalid
- Almost A Decade, Rimni chakravarty
- A Visit To Your Home Amongst A Field of .., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Cavern by the Sea, Martha Lavinia Hoffman
- Of The Second Presage..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- A Smile!, Avinash Nair
- mGIC TREE, oskar hansen
- innocence, abdirahman haaji rilwaan
- MOST LIVING PEOPLE, Michael P. Johnson
- Beautiful rose, Andytics mufc