Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
Oh, the sunset was magnificent!
I wish you had been here to see
The beauty of its rendering.
Red and gold painted clouds, resting on
Amethyst pillows with white satin
Ribbons, draped across the sky.
Sunset, disappeared into the evening calm.
I wish you had been here for the
Magic of this unveiling.
Dorothy Alves Holmes
A Poet Who Loves To Sing
Dorothy (Alves) Holmes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Evening's Calling by Dorothy (Alves) Holmes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Unravelling / Shock, Nathaniel Tarn
- What you feel, gajanan mishra
- The last indulgence, Piyush Dey
- what you do, gajanan mishra
- And get everything, gajanan mishra
- The Workforce, James Tate
- To Join You, Edward Kofi Louis
- The real wasteland, Peter Hall
- Known In This Town, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Veil, Peter Hall