Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
I Sing A Sad Song
I sing a sad song for the cold, lonely
Moments no one will admit to aloud.
I sing a sad song for all of the broken
Wrought by circumstances beyond
I sing a sad song for the faces pressing
Against the window panes in longing.
I sing a sad song for wild anticipation
Of days that never come.
I sing a sad song for the telephone
That never rings enough.
I sing a sad song for dreams woven of
I sing a sad song for all of those who
Waste time, singing sad songs!
Dorothy (Alves) Holmes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Sing A Sad Song by Dorothy (Alves) Holmes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Whom to, gajanan mishra
- Holy place, hasmukh amathalal
- y0ur gR0uNd uP wAtEr makEs the wind so c.., sEaN nOrTh
- The friends, hasmukh amathalal
- Haa maine mela dekha hai, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Two breaths, Christian Lacdael
- Archeologist, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- In last leg, hasmukh amathalal
- Days off, Christian Lacdael
- Meteorologist, Dr PJ Raj Kamal