Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
I Sing A Sad Song
I sing a sad song for the cold, lonely
Moments no one will admit to aloud.
I sing a sad song for all of the broken
Wrought by circumstances beyond
I sing a sad song for the faces pressing
Against the window panes in longing.
I sing a sad song for wild anticipation
Of days that never come.
I sing a sad song for the telephone
That never rings enough.
I sing a sad song for dreams woven of
I sing a sad song for all of those who
Waste time, singing sad songs!
Dorothy (Alves) Holmes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Sing A Sad Song by Dorothy (Alves) Holmes )
- Grammar, Edward Kofi Louis
- A lovely smile upon your face, Erato
- Contemplation, Edward Kofi Louis
- That Love, Dabouz Yamina
- Oranien, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Historic, But Black Statue of Radha-.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Uncompleted Quest, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- All-in-one, Edward Kofi Louis
- Make Me, Sentamu Aziz
- The Traffic Light, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
(November 9 - 1937)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)