Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
I Sing A Sad Song
I sing a sad song for the cold, lonely
Moments no one will admit to aloud.
I sing a sad song for all of the broken
Wrought by circumstances beyond
I sing a sad song for the faces pressing
Against the window panes in longing.
I sing a sad song for wild anticipation
Of days that never come.
I sing a sad song for the telephone
That never rings enough.
I sing a sad song for dreams woven of
I sing a sad song for all of those who
Waste time, singing sad songs!
Dorothy (Alves) Holmes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Sing A Sad Song by Dorothy (Alves) Holmes )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(November 19, 1942)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(22 July 1849 – 19 November 1887)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Deflowered Idea..., Luana Del Lobo
- Do You Love Me?, Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- Jo Tum Aa Jaate Ek Bar, Mahadevi Varma
- 'Hands up, Don't Shoot' Haiku for Michae.., Chenou Liu
Poem of the Day
- Loner, Michael Webb
- As One, Frank Avon
- ETC3, shuvo chakraborty
- SONNET II, Sir Toby Moses
- Tamil on decline, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- A Life-Lesson, Luo Zhihai
- The Sunprincess, Akhtar Jawad
- Movement incidental, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Before Storm, Luo Zhihai
- Fate rules the outcome., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.