Dorothy (Alves) Holmes (Baltimore, Maryland)
I Sing A Sad Song
I sing a sad song for the cold, lonely
Moments no one will admit to aloud.
I sing a sad song for all of the broken
Wrought by circumstances beyond
I sing a sad song for the faces pressing
Against the window panes in longing.
I sing a sad song for wild anticipation
Of days that never come.
I sing a sad song for the telephone
That never rings enough.
I sing a sad song for dreams woven of
I sing a sad song for all of those who
Waste time, singing sad songs!
Poet Other Poems
- #132 Haiku Fall's Party Crasher
- #136 Haiku Fan Dancers
- #137 Haiku The Bather
- #142 Haiku-A Patch of Heaven
- #143 Haiku-Lover's Moon
- #145 Haiku-Pastels of Spring
- #147 Haiku-It's All About Love
- #150 Haiku-Nature's Portrait
- #151 Haiku-Artist's Quest
- #152 Haiku-Water Colors
- #153 Haiku Ecru Clouds
- #154 Haiku Seagull
- #157 Haiku After The Rain
- #158 Haiku Where There Is Love
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.