Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
Biography of Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
I am a poet who loves to sing...Currently I coordinate a reading program for pre-school children in Tappahannock, Virginia. I was born and raised in Baltimore, Maryland and have lived in Millers Tavern, Virginia for the past 15 years. My fourth book of poetry 'Let The Music Play' has just been published...September 2010...isendyouarose.esty.com for purchase
Dorothy (Alves) Holmes's Works:
1. People Talk
2. If Butterflies Are Free (Out of Print for now)
3. Somebody Said
4. Let The Music Play
- #Haiku # 201 The Shady Garden
- #93 Poetry In Motion These Hands
- I Sing A Sad Song
- #Haiku #327 Garden Treasures
- #192 Haiku Palm Trees
- The Forever of You
- #290 Haiku Sea of Tears
- A Salute To Spring...Spring Time The Bes...
- A Bed Time Story
- #295 Haiku Two Red Parrots
- We Said Goodbye
- #288 Haiku Garden Sunset
- A Garden's Poem for Spring
- #292 Haiku Then There Were None
My mind, thrashing about, fighting the reality
That you are no longer here.
My world, so full of your absence,
Our house, wasting away in quiet despair.
A table setting for one now, if at all;
No loathsome smell of magic shave.
No sweet aroma of your cologne.
Our half empty bed, and no love sounds.
Yesterday I reached out for you, forgetting.