Dorothy (Alves) Holmes (Baltimore, Maryland)
Biography of Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
I am a poet who loves to sing...Currently I coordinate a reading program for pre-school children in Tappahannock, Virginia. I was born and raised in Baltimore, Maryland and have lived in Millers Tavern, Virginia for the past 15 years. My fourth book of poetry 'Let The Music Play' has just been published...September 2010...isendyouarose.esty.com for purchase
Dorothy (Alves) Holmes's Works:
1. People Talk
2. If Butterflies Are Free (Out of Print for now)
3. Somebody Said
4. Let The Music Play
- #132 Haiku Fall's Party Crasher
- #136 Haiku Fan Dancers
- #137 Haiku The Bather
- #142 Haiku-A Patch of Heaven
- #143 Haiku-Lover's Moon
- #145 Haiku-Pastels of Spring
- #147 Haiku-It's All About Love
- #150 Haiku-Nature's Portrait
- #151 Haiku-Artist's Quest
- #152 Haiku-Water Colors
- #153 Haiku Ecru Clouds
- #154 Haiku Seagull
- #157 Haiku After The Rain
- #158 Haiku Where There Is Love
My mind, thrashing about, fighting the reality
That you are no longer here.
My world, so full of your absence,
Our house, wasting away in quiet despair.
A table setting for one now, if at all;
No loathsome smell of magic shave.
No sweet aroma of your cologne.
Our half empty bed, and no love sounds.
Yesterday I reached out for you, forgetting.