My breath catches
in the ripples
at the surface of his beer
I nurse my long held plans,
as again I feel them die.
Wiping cold tears
as they fall down the side.
But I feel too empty to cry
On a table near by,
from the belly of a baby.
My sad smile dances,
in the arms
of the infants' chuckle.
It echoes its way
through my aching heart
and tugs, with two hands, at a vacant womb,
then buries itself in a wish...
That before all is lost,
I'll feel whole.
and will hold
a better moment
Stevie Taite's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Empty by Stevie Taite )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Discrimination, gajanan mishra
- Your, Umasree Raghunath
- coal on the asphalt, a mile away, Mandolyn ...
- Jostled here and there, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Over the seas Over the waves, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Reunion, Umasree Raghunath
- Over The Edge Over The Slippery Ledges, Emmanuel George Cefai
- World War One, P.D. Turner
- The Poet-Seer irresistible, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Slow Fast But sure, Emmanuel George Cefai