Love is a deep emotion we have for one another
It is shared by a friend, father, mother or a lover
The giving of ones self of something tried and true
Can either break the heart or make you feel like new
Happiness is a feeling that may only last for a day
Lots of money and many friends come whatever may
Might only stay for a moment and can quickly fly away
Depends on how you are treated and what others might say
Joy will last forever, something you won't have to mend
Wells up like a spring of water that seems to have no end
Won't depend on how you feel or what might happen to you
Always there when you need it so very faithful and true
Peace is like the rivers of water flowing calmly down the Nile
Sitting on an old park bench just to relax a little while
Staying calm when trouble arise or able to withstand lifes test
Getting together with family and friends when love is at its best
Hate at last can destroy you or can eat away at your heart
Try to put it far behind you and make a brand new start
The choices that you make will determine how you live
Will always be a part of us to accept or either to give
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Emotions by Patricia Grantham )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- bonnie to your clyde, Mandolyn ...
- Purpose Of Life!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Corridors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Forever Crying Angel, Vlad Mutuleanu
- ThankYou!, Geetha Jayakumar
- let the wild rumpus start!, Mandolyn ...
- Day 28 of July 2014, Erica Borges
- Keep on the Sunny Side, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Switches …… [NOT just for electrician.., Bri Edwards
- there's heaven on the plains and freedom.., Mandolyn ...