There was a night where
I traveled through Disneyland tunnels
To meet you at a park.
Yes, tunnels that lead to Disneyland
But they didn't take me there.
Instead, I found the happiest place on Earth.
I was taken to my favorite park
The one I always went to as a kid
And you were standing there when I emerged
There was a smile on your face
Surrounded by a crowd as we embraced
I had longed for your touch.
My happiest place was never tangible
Nor imaginable until that moment with you.
It was never Disneyland, nor Eastwood Park
It was in your smile, your laugh, your embrace.
I'd never known something to be as pure
Than the unconditional love I felt for you then.
If I had only made that dream a reality
Just one more time - one more time..
Than the first and only day you hugged me.
I will bear this pain in semblance
If and only if to hold you again
In my dreams.
Mikey Bachman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Embrace by Mikey Bachman )
- Some poets are there, gajanan mishra
- The Gamekeeper, David Lewis Paget
- Observing Teenagers, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Promises, Saul hernandez
- Love Speaks in Silence, Paul Sebastian
- The Ideal Wife, Paul Sebastian
- Then ever it would really you are not e.., Yuri Starostin
- Judicially, hasmukh amathalal
- ACCENT, Terry Collett
- Passion, Suresh Dogra
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- A Parody on “A Psalm of Life”, Oliver Wendell Holmes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Fear No More, William Shakespeare
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)