There was a night where
I traveled through Disneyland tunnels
To meet you at a park.
Yes, tunnels that lead to Disneyland
But they didn't take me there.
Instead, I found the happiest place on Earth.
I was taken to my favorite park
The one I always went to as a kid
And you were standing there when I emerged
There was a smile on your face
Surrounded by a crowd as we embraced
I had longed for your touch.
My happiest place was never tangible
Nor imaginable until that moment with you.
It was never Disneyland, nor Eastwood Park
It was in your smile, your laugh, your embrace.
I'd never known something to be as pure
Than the unconditional love I felt for you then.
If I had only made that dream a reality
Just one more time - one more time..
Than the first and only day you hugged me.
I will bear this pain in semblance
If and only if to hold you again
In my dreams.
Mikey Bachman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Embrace by Mikey Bachman )
- Lay Me Down, Myrtle Thomas
- Dessert Deluge ..... [ 'just' DESSERTS,.., Bri Edwards
- Standard asset, gajanan mishra
- AnyThing In ReTurn, Kewayne Wadley
- If all we know is love, Mark Heathcote
- Remove Yourself From Bitterness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Fornicating In The Bowels Of Unswerving .., Captain Cur
- im not okay, Faith Taylors
- The world is like a worm, Mark Heathcote
- Our shared tear, Julie Shirley
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(c. 600 BCE)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1886 - 1967)