There was a night where
I traveled through Disneyland tunnels
To meet you at a park.
Yes, tunnels that lead to Disneyland
But they didn't take me there.
Instead, I found the happiest place on Earth.
I was taken to my favorite park
The one I always went to as a kid
And you were standing there when I emerged
There was a smile on your face
Surrounded by a crowd as we embraced
I had longed for your touch.
My happiest place was never tangible
Nor imaginable until that moment with you.
It was never Disneyland, nor Eastwood Park
It was in your smile, your laugh, your embrace.
I'd never known something to be as pure
Than the unconditional love I felt for you then.
If I had only made that dream a reality
Just one more time - one more time..
Than the first and only day you hugged me.
I will bear this pain in semblance
If and only if to hold you again
In my dreams.
Mikey Bachman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Embrace by Mikey Bachman )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1498 - 1546)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- 'Lefty', Robert Eckstein
- Seek in grace, hasmukh amathalal
- Mist of thought, Aftab Alam
- Cast Off, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Need to maintain, hasmukh amathalal
- Fresh Threats, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Using everything, gajanan mishra
- For You To Keep Deep, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I am Hades Sweet Persephone, Tiger Auntunette
- Wisdom And Knowledge, RoseAnn V. Shawiak