Education and riches both go hand in hand
The calf of high breed cow
Can be sold for a higher price!
The people will listen to the words
Of uneducated person, if he is rich!
The words of an educated person
Will not be respected, if he is poor!
Even though as if people listen,
And of course they don’t follow and forget!
It is similar to ploughing the slightly wet land,
But the ploughing will not be very deep!
So one should be educated;
He should become rich also by decent means!
Hence Education and riches,
Both go hand in hand and respected!
One should not be uneducated,
Everybody must have quality education!
One should not be poor,
Everybody should work hard and earn wealth!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Education and riches both go hand in hand by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
Did you read them?
- Granite City, Ron Slate
- General Sweeney Dies at 84, Ron Slate
- Respect the truth, men, gajanan mishra
- Respect truth, gajanan mishra
- Reunion, Ron Slate
- Save Your Questions, David Griebel
- Comfort, Alexandra Motschmann
- ISIS and Anti-terror victory, Alexandra Motschmann
- Strange Coincidence, Khairul Ahsan
- THE WRINKLED YOUNG LADY, Visato Kiso
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(3 June 1926 – 5 April 1997)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)