Easter (Eternal Promotion)
Christ came down to forgive us for all the wrong things we do.
He came to die for us, so that we born anew.
He said, “Lord let their sins be washed away by the blood of me.”
Hopefully my Lord they will finally see.
The things must be done and there is no other choice.
Even through all the His pain, He said this in a plain voice.
As He came by the Hostile crowd, He could hear them say, “Crucify him now.”
This is the one thing that the Governor Pilate would allow.
As Jesus was led away,
He continued to see God’s way.
The soldiers whipped and the crowd spate on him.
He said, Lord please forgive them,
Because they do not know the things they do.
Even through all of the pain of the piecing nails, He still was thinking of me and you,
He laid there on the cross as His sentence was carried out,
He laid there without scream or shout.
As He took his last Breath,
God took him away to rest.
Hopefully we can all see,
The see the reason He died for you and me
Christ lived a life full of faith and devotion.
So that He would lead us to our Eternal Promotion.
Frank Pulver Mar 30,2013
Frank Pulver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Easter (Eternal Promotion) by Frank Pulver )
- Love or Sex?, Md. Ziaul Haque
- The founder is his movement's soul., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Rickshaw and the Puller, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Dreaming of Things While I Remain In My .., Rohit Sapra
- Facebooker, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Kidultnap, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Laugh, arshad arshad
- Puzzle of a Lovely Girl's Name!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- E- Humanity, Aamir Joyci
- In Memory of my Mother, George Pfumbi
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Peace. A Study, Charles Stuart Calverley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(c. 600 BCE)