Easter (Eternal Promotion)
Christ came down to forgive us for all the wrong things we do.
He came to die for us, so that we born anew.
He said, “Lord let their sins be washed away by the blood of me.”
Hopefully my Lord they will finally see.
The things must be done and there is no other choice.
Even through all the His pain, He said this in a plain voice.
As He came by the Hostile crowd, He could hear them say, “Crucify him now.”
This is the one thing that the Governor Pilate would allow.
As Jesus was led away,
He continued to see God’s way.
The soldiers whipped and the crowd spate on him.
He said, Lord please forgive them,
Because they do not know the things they do.
Even through all of the pain of the piecing nails, He still was thinking of me and you,
He laid there on the cross as His sentence was carried out,
He laid there without scream or shout.
As He took his last Breath,
God took him away to rest.
Hopefully we can all see,
The see the reason He died for you and me
Christ lived a life full of faith and devotion.
So that He would lead us to our Eternal Promotion.
Frank Pulver Mar 30,2013
Frank Pulver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Easter (Eternal Promotion) by Frank Pulver )
- Lost Love Redux, Robert Kane
- When I see u, dipa bhattacharyya
- This Flower, Rohit Sapra
- Pretend, dipa bhattacharyya
- This unknown world هذا العالم المجهول, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- IF, dipa bhattacharyya
- This unknown world, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Grace, Scott J. Shepard
- My chidhood poem collection -2, soulful heart
- Pleasant Weather, Royal Flower
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)