use to be a bartender.
just told you to drink me.
guess you should know how to mix it.
. well alright.
. find an unwashed common glass
. throw in 2 cubes of human salt water
.2 ounces of issues unresolved
. a splash of memories from the night stand drawer
. a capfull of times she said she was leaving
.1/2 a shot of addiction
.1/2 a shot of finger pointing.
. a spoon full of promises broken
.2 dashes of friends who turned their backs
. float an ounce of times they said you can't do it
. stir with a cross turned upside down
. garnish with a suicidal lime
and drink me.
matt fromm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (DRINK ME! by matt fromm )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(9 April 1821 – 31 August 1867)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- रंजानाय फैगौ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- TEBEHC OUR LOVE WILL FLOURISH, ANTHONY KIRUI
- How to Control the Beast, Theorem The Truth Serum
- Crestfallen, Gilbert Ortega
- The Vampire, Gilbert Ortega
- The Loss That Has Cost The People, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Christmas Glow, Cigeng Zhang
- The Watchers, Aaryan Deshpande
- Not necessarily, hasmukh amathalal
- I embrace my pen, gajanan mishra
- Loveless Love, Paul Hartal