your heart and you,
made of stone.
leaving me alone.
not even said 'goodbye',
not even once.
you wanted to go away
far from my glance.
there is a void,
there is my voice,
which asks you,
'why you made this choice? '
your train has arrived,
and will depart soon,
i will be left behind
tearful and loon...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Departure by JENIE FRANKSAY )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(22 March 1941 -)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- God Only Knows!, Mohit Sharma
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- XVII (I do not love you...), Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Along with many, hasmukh amathalal
- No other culture, hasmukh amathalal
- A Splendor Beauty, Hanh Chau
- With all, hasmukh amathalal
- It isn't to launder my clothes, Mark Heathcote
- Tell Me, Amanda Purczynski
- For My Countrymen, Ibrahim Lawal Soro
- boy, love on this, Mandolyn ...
- To Purge, Amanda Purczynski
- A Brief History of Abstract Art, Paul Hartal