In my search for the day.
I am lost in the night.
Darkness over takes my sight.
I'm blind to the dark night.
The night becomes the only day I sight
Probably what I need is not a day.
Maybe it's just light
To guide me through the night.
But how do I know it's the light
If it doesn't shine in the night.
Perhaps if not for the dark night
The stars would shy away.
Do I really need the darkness to see the light.?
Or need the light to see the darkness?
Abdulrasheed Dawodu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dark Night by Abdulrasheed Dawodu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Poetic styles, Somanathan Iyer
- Unknown Cat, Somanathan Iyer
- Around us, Somanathan Iyer
- Don't ask certain people what food you h.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Empty Cartridge, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Your Love, abigail sikwenda
- The Missing Feeling, abigail sikwenda
- Lights Off, abigail sikwenda
- Situationships, abigail sikwenda
- Kind leaning, hasmukh amathalal