Mine is a curious heart
And what does it crave?
Tranquility it is yet to find
For how long can it wait?
A day? A year or a decade?
What has become of my soul?
Starved, malnourished or disowned?
So lean, so weak so pale
And what feed does it take?
Why am I so clueless?
Yet I grieve in my silence
Only to learn tranquility rests
In HIS remembrance
The very basis of my existence
'Verily in the remembrance
Of Allah do the hearts find rest'
Abdulrasheed Dawodu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tranquil Heart by Abdulrasheed Dawodu )
Poem of the Day
- nugget, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- bra maidenform, rwetewrt erwtwer
- healthy back bag, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- rwetewrt erwtwer
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)