Dance With Me
Dance with me in three quarter time.
Dance me around the room.
When we are moving in time to the beat
I remember our dance as a groom.
My feet were so stiff, my body unsure
But, you kept me moving along.
Slowly through years we danced some more
And the waltz became our song.
We were together, you light as a feather
As I learned how to lead.
We never would miss our chance to dance
A waltz would fill our need.
To move as one and keep the feel
And wish that it could last.
I still hear a waltz in three quarter time
Even though it’s part of our past.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dance With Me by Edwina Reizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- In the End, Gandhi and King Were Murdered, Lawrence Beck
- Love's labor lost, PRIYANKA BHANDARKAR
- mens sana in corpore sano -a healthy mi.., Sadiqullah Khan
- Do not leave us, Sadiqullah Khan
- Regal Grace, Sadiqullah Khan
- Another Lesson Learned, Danielle Mari Nidea
- A Birthday Wish, Adonis Enricuso
- What Why When.......Its Gone Wrong?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Envy, Nassy Fesharaki
- Shattered, Ana Rose Trazo