Cry of A Woman
The curtain around me
the membrane in its own way,
not letting my soul breathe
not letting me scream or play.
Something scares the air
black shadows darkening the day,
the blood the tears, the sobbing in fears
my sky has turned so grey.
Beasts beneath the shining skin
whom are they gonna betray,
O' silent mirror, is that a sin
to be a lady today.
If i were more than a flesh
and the heart didn't soak like clay,
there wouldn't have been the burden
of huge ransoms i ought to pay.
Its not the gold, and not the fabric
my freedom is kept at bay,
O' father, my brother, O' lover forever
won't you wake up and have a say! !
Jaya Varma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cry of A Woman by Jaya Varma )
- Sons And Daughters, Edward Kofi Louis
- An Army Of Occupation, Tony Adah
- Mr. Bonga and Mr. Donga, Aftab Alam
- Under The Muse Of The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- Fair And Square!, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Do Not Have Any Word, Neela Nath
- The Puzzle, Ravikumar C.P.
- 'O' Cloud of My Skies, Aftab Alam
- My Words And Her Words, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Ode To B.J Azang, Tony Adah