Joseph James Breunig 3rd
Regarding the absolute authority of God,
it’s crazy, silly and futile to rebel;
know that everyone will ultimately bow,
before His throne or the gates of Hell.
Foolishness of God exceeds Mankind’s wisdom;
hidden are the keys of His profound mystery.
We are inspired with awe without intimidation,
knowing that He was crucified upon that Tree.
Acknowledge His deeds, since He loved us first;
worship Him now; His precepts we’re to observe.
Bask unashamedly in the Presence of His Spirit;
know that we have been chosen to ultimately serve.
The sacred megastructure of God’s Kingdom
is a divine threshold of evolving complexity,
that presses us to aspire towards greatness,
though we may be unable to perceive or see…
the plans and purpose He has envisioned for us.
Know without doubt that His plans are intentional!
He sustains His ongoing power through humility;
it’s time we worship Him; discern His… costly signal.
Loosely based on:
2 Tim 3: 16; 2 Cor 2: 14; Matt 27: 27-54; Eph 1: 20-23;
1 John 2: 5,4: 13; Jer 29: 11; 1 John 4: 7-21; Rom 12: 1-2
Learn more about me and my poetry at:
amazon (dot) com
By Joseph J. Breunig 3rd, © 2014, All rights reserved.
Author, Reaching Towards His Unbounded Glory
Joseph James Breunig 3rd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Costly Signal by Joseph James Breunig 3rd )
- The Nigerian Politician, Joseph Ogbonna
- The lonely sun..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Textman, Naveed Khalid
- सिरि मोनथाम, Ronjoy Brahma
- Mother-land I weep for thee, Joseph Ogbonna
- Mother Teresa and I, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- Still Here, silenced work
- A Village Girl, Naveed Khalid
- A Song Of Harp, Naveed Khalid
- An African Woman I am... a Blessing or a.., Vivian Muciri
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)