Joseph James Breunig 3rd
Regarding the absolute authority of God,
it’s crazy, silly and futile to rebel;
know that everyone will ultimately bow,
before His throne or the gates of Hell.
Foolishness of God exceeds Mankind’s wisdom;
hidden are the keys of His profound mystery.
We are inspired with awe without intimidation,
knowing that He was crucified upon that Tree.
Acknowledge His deeds, since He loved us first;
worship Him now; His precepts we’re to observe.
Bask unashamedly in the Presence of His Spirit;
know that we have been chosen to ultimately serve.
The sacred megastructure of God’s Kingdom
is a divine threshold of evolving complexity,
that presses us to aspire towards greatness,
though we may be unable to perceive or see…
the plans and purpose He has envisioned for us.
Know without doubt that His plans are intentional!
He sustains His ongoing power through humility;
it’s time we worship Him; discern His… costly signal.
Loosely based on:
2 Tim 3: 16; 2 Cor 2: 14; Matt 27: 27-54; Eph 1: 20-23;
1 John 2: 5,4: 13; Jer 29: 11; 1 John 4: 7-21; Rom 12: 1-2
Learn more about me and my poetry at:
amazon (dot) com
By Joseph J. Breunig 3rd, © 2014, All rights reserved.
Author, Reaching Towards His Unbounded Glory
Joseph James Breunig 3rd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Costly Signal by Joseph James Breunig 3rd )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- the lights are still up, Bull Hawking
- Unclassified, Kela LewisMorin
- Someone Else, Kela LewisMorin
- Fortunate, Kela LewisMorin
- Intangible Tangent, Kela LewisMorin
- A Night On The Tiles, Kela LewisMorin
- Home Alone, Kela LewisMorin
- nobody ever finds the one, Frank Avon
- when you get someone, Bull Hawking
- Ode to the Cereal Bowl: after Bukowski's.., Frank Avon