Little King of Sorrows
Don't think he isn't on to you.
You not the mom I thought I knew,
These vicious lies you claim are true.
Although my savior sets me free,
You're quick to judge my life you see.
Playing God Self-righteously.
You thrive upon hypocracy.
Crooked path's you surely stroll.
A river of styxx you pay the toll.
If pearly gates remain your goal,
The Lord's rebuke must play a roll.
A magician and her rabbit.
You choke it as you grab it.
You claim the truth by habit.
But a back that's turned you stab it.
Sleight of hand, you thieve and steal.
Where they go, you don't reveal.
I don't fret, it's no bid deal.
Imagine how your God must feel.
Knowing well of how you sin.
You sell your soul to claim a win.
My torment sadly makes you grin.
To hurt my rep, you call 'All in'.
All you speak, the Angels hear,
You taunt and tease, then act in fear.
Progical son you don't revere.
He gifts you ease, you scorn him tear.
Wicked plots you do conspire.
The seeds I sow, you set afire.
My humble soul doth surely tire,
I dodge your stones upon this wire.
How dark this mind in which you dwell?
Tis more than words I hear you tell.
Who bid thee right my soul to sell?
You scream at me ' Go burn in hell'.
The guilt not found upon your face.
I walk in peace, you stalk and chase.
I run to God, you quicken pace.
I seek and end, you build a case.
No peace of mind, although you could.
Repent your ways, but never would.
Truth is light, God's way is good,
But you don't play like Christians should.
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Conviction by Little King of Sorrows )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Put God First, Robert Barnett
- Te Amé Desde el Primer de los Días, Hebert Logerie
- Scales falling, Angell Afinowi
- About the Armadillo, Angell Afinowi
- Leprosy at the birthday Party, Angell Afinowi
- The Journey, Alvin Mingle
- Darling, Anthony Di'anno
- Bright Shades of Life, Rohit Sapra
- Tolstoy's Lament, Bill Lindsay
- The valley of Utah, Rekha Mandagere